Seminyak is a beach on the west coast of southern Bali, just north of Kuta, and just south of Umalas.
Seminyak is the most upmarket of the west coast's beaches, with high-end accommodation and mostly high-end restaurants and bars to serve its residents. The atmosphere is more sophisticated and laid-back than Kuta, and the beach in particular is quieter during the day, although this area too is developing fast.
The northern end of Seminyak's Petitenget Beach is administratively a part of Kerobokan, although the actual village of this name is some four kilometers further inland.
 Get in
Taxis are plentiful. Coupon taxis from the airport to Seminyak cost a fixed Rp60000 (ignore the touts), while a metered trip in the other direction is around Rp50,000. Trips to/from Kuta cost around Rp30,000.
 Get around
- Petitenget Beach. A gorgeous expanse of black sand stretching in both directions as far as the eye can see. The sunsets here are famous.
- Pura Petitenget, Jl Petitenget (near beach). A compact but pretty Balinese temple.
Do Spa for healthy and relaxation purpose:
- <listing name="BALI SPA" alt="Spa in Bali" directions="In Villa Kubu Seminyak" address="Jalan Raya Seminyak G Plawa No 33F Seminyak" phone="+62 361 731129" email="email@example.com" fax="" url="www.in-balivillas.com" hours="All day relaxation" price="Very Cheap and competitive"></listing>
- <listing name="Bali Diving" alt="Diving in Bali" directions="North" address="Jalan Raya BAnyualit" phone=" +62 362 42319 or +62 362 24997" email="firstname.lastname@example.org" fax="" url="www.lovinadive.com" hours="all day" price="With competitive rates">Bali Diving with Professional dive master in Bali</listing>
- Café Tahu, Jl Petitenget. Popular with locals, this restaurant has raised seating around a central courtyard and offers up a menu of tofu, tofu and more tofu, cooked Indonesian style (read: peanut sauce), for about Rp6000/dish. The tofu is all made on premises and you can even buy a pack to take home. Concessions to meat-eaters include sate and grilled chicken.
- Bebek Bali, Jl. Petitenget 108, +62-361-745-4640, . The name means "Balinese duck", and in case that doesn't tip you off as to their speciality, everything from napkins to beer coasters inside the lush, ornamented restaurant is duck-shaped. Duck is served in seven ways, including the tasty Balinese bebek batutu flavored with herbal paste. Post-bird flu, however, they also have a (rather less successful) sideline in seafood. Set meals from Rp55,000.
- Mano Beach Side Café, Seminyak Beach (opp Pura Petitenget). True to the name, this is a simple but stylish blue building by the beach, offering all sorts of drinks for around Rp10,000 as well as sandwiches and pasta for around Rp30,000 — not to mention cool breezes and great sunsets.
- Le Tebu, Jl. Petitenget 40X, tel. +62-361-739948. Salads, sandwiches and a few token Indonesian items. French owner. Rp30,000.
- Waroeng Bonita, Jl. Petitenget 100X. A vast selection of Western and Indonesian dishes, served up in a garden courtyard. Rp50,000.
- Ku dé Ta Restaurant , Jl Oberoi (Laksmana) #9,. +62 361 736- 969. Built in 2000, one of the island's most famous restaurants in a beach style setting serving expensive fusion food.
- La Lucciola, - Breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner. Overlooking the beach in Seminyak. Home of the Frangipani Bar, a popular choice for watching the sunset.
Many of Bali's hippest nightspots are in Seminyak.
- Hu'u, Jl Oberoi (Laksmana), tel. +62-361-736443, . The seminal Bali establishment of the funky Singaporean nightspot chain, the star attraction here is the lit-up central swimming pool where the bold and the beautiful can jump in. The rest of the complex is chilled-out drinking and dining in the garden and pavilion. Steeply priced though, draft beer is tolerable at Rp20,000 a mug but drinks will set you back Rp60,000 and up.
- Ku dé Ta, Jl Oberoi (Laksmana) 9, tel. +62-361-736969, . Super-stylish bar-restaurant complex with two bars, restaurant seating indoors and beachside divans to laze on while the DJ spins an eclectic mix of music, new and old. Soft drinks from Rp20,000, cocktails from Rp70,000, including bizarre selections like the infamous black pepper and grilled pineapple martini (which, for the record, tastes like liquid pineapple candy with a sprinkle of grit). Gets packed on weekends.
- Double Six, Jl Double Six, is a popular late-night disco venue right on the beach. It also has a restaurant that's open during the day and a huge swimming-pool with a bunjee jump.
- Gay bars along Jl Dhayana Pura, such as Q Bar, Mixwell and Kudos nightclub.
There is virtually no backpacker accommodation in Seminyak: the main choices are villas and fancy hotels. Beware false advertising though: only the most expensive "villas" are completely private and self-contained, while most share at least some facilities (eg. pool) and the cheapest ones are just clusters of bungalows.
Any "villas" listed here do not have private courtyards and share facilities like pools.
- Cicada Jl Pura Telaga Waja, Petitenget, Ph. +62 361.862.0805 . Located just minutes from Petitenget, Cicada Luxury Townhouses is an intimate complex consisting of 6 Contemporary Single and Two Storey townhouses set amongst beautiful tropical grounds all opening out into the 25m Lap Pool and Jacuzzi.
- Contiki Resort Bali. Jl Dyana Pura, tel. +62-361-730573. Designed exclusively for 18-35s. Multi level pool with bar, lounge bar & nightclub, modern architecture, day spa, tennis court. Free shuttle to Kuta.
- Chez Bali Villa and Spa, Jl Beraban, tel. +62-361-736304/5, . 17 private villas. Large pool, only a few steps to the Petitenget beach. Price around US$150-400 per villa in the high/low season, including breakfast, complimentary pick-up also available.
- Raja Gardens Bungalows, . Balinese style bungalows, just 9 rooms surrounded by extensive green gardens,direct access onto Seminyak Beach.WiFi Internet hotspot, large swimming pool, rates: US$38 fan-cooled room and US$49 air-con room.
- Tony's Villa, Jl Petitenget, tel. +62-361-736166, . 10 low-key but tastefully done villas featuring among other things no less than three showers each, set in a lush Balinese garden. Small but delightful pool, 500 meters on foot to the beach. Rates around US$80/50 per villa in the high/low season, including breakfast.
- <listing name="Bali Hotels and Villas" alt="Bali Hotels and Bali Villas" directions="Seminyak" address="Jalan raya seminyak, petitenget" phone=" +62 362 42319 or +62 362 24997" email="email@example.com" fax="" url="www.hotelsbalivillas.com" hours="" price="all range of rates"> Bali Villas and Hotels accommodation with competitive rates</listing>
 Private villas
Villas listed here have private courtyards and pools.
- The Residence Seminyak, . The Residence Seminyak Bali Villas is a luxurious estate of twelve privately owned Bali villas accommodation, offering two to five bedroom fully-serviced private pool Bali villas accommodation. Prices start from US$300 per night depending on season.
- Atas Ombak, . 5 bedroom beachfront luxury private with 25m private pool. Featured in numerous occasions and one of the most famous private villas on the island. Sleeps up to 10 people, and extensive gardens over its 2 acre grounds - fully staffed (private cook, maids, security etc) with a team of 20. Prices vary from US$1250-2000 per night depending on season.
- Jajaliluna Villa, Seminyak . Luxury private villa walking distance to Kudeta restaurant, the beach and La Lucciola restaurant - right in the heart of Seminyak/Oberoi area. Featured in Architectual digest in 2006. Four bedrooms, private pool and garden - fully staffed (private cook, maids, etc). Prices vary from US$600-950 depending on season.
- Villa Dermawan, ."mansion of generosity" (Oberoi) Jl Sari Dewi published on major travel and architecture magazines, described as ''one of the most beautiful get-aways of Asia, two dbl bedrooms, big swimmingpool, Jacuzzi, lush tropical garden, 50 meters from Petitenget beach, Price around US$300-US$450 a in the low/high season, including breakfast, complimentary airport-pick-up, hotel service small private SPA and gym currently under construction (to be operational march '08). Inquiries:[firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Villa Kipas, Sari Dewi #34, Seminyak . Luxury private villa only 60 metres to beautiful Seminyak Beach. Located between Oberoi and Sofitel and walking distance to KuDeTa. 2 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, private pool and garden. Prices vary from US$200 - US$350 depending on season. Cooked breakfast and daily maid service, plus complimentary airport pick-up.
- Villa Aqua, Seminyak . Built in 2007, modern tropical luxury private villa walking distance to La Lucciola restaurant, the beach and Ku de Ta - right in the heart of Seminyak. Four bedrooms, private pool and garden - fully staffed (private cook, maids, etc). Prices vary from US$650-975 depending on season.
- Laksamana Villas Jl Laksmana, Seminyak . Located in Seminyak near of Ku De Ta, La Luciola Restaurant and Seminyak Beach. The rooms number vary from 3 bedrooms to 5 bedrooms each villa.
- The Kozy Villas, Seminyak Villas . The Kozy Villas Bali, Bali Luxury Villas featuring 7 bali private villas and vigilantly designed villas, located in Seminyak villas area, Jl. Dewi Saraswati III No.9RK, Seminyak, Kuta 80361 Bali - Indonesia, Phone:+62 361 736255, Fax: +62 361 736256, Email: email@example.com
- The Maharaj, Seminyak . Private luxury villa 200 meters from the Oberoi/Seminyak beach and the adjacent Petitenget temple and La Lucciola restaurant. 4 bedrooms on a quarter of an acre with a 15m private pool - fully staffed (private cook and full housekeeping service).
- The Replica Suite, Seminyak . The Replica Suite Bali Luxury Villas, An obsession for Rejuvenation and Escaping to a luxurious bali private villa with 1 bedroom suite villa and 2 bedroom suite villa in bali,Phone:+62 361 8476707, Fax +62 361 8476708 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Samaya, . The Samaya is a luxury villa resort with forty-six villas, twenty four of which command a premier location along the fashionable Seminyak beach. It has its own wonderful restaurant called The Breeze, and you can see 180 degree views from its Olympic sized swimming pool. Definately one of the best places to stay in Seminyak, if not Bali itself.
- Sekar Taman I Jl Laksmana, Seminyak . Located in the heart of Seminyak and just off famous "eat street". All villas are 2 storey, 2 bedroom with lush balinese gardens and private pools. Prices from US$160 - US$250.
- Sekar Taman II, Jl Sari Dewi, Seminyak . 4 luxury private villas - Kipas, Sedap Malam, Teratai and Amanputri. Located 60 metres to Seminyak Beach and walking distance to KuDeTa. Beautifully furnished luxury 2 bedroom villas all with lush gardens and private pools. Prices from US$200 - US$350.
 Get out
- The bright lights, shopping centers and traffic jams of Kuta are just 15 minutes away to the south.
- The rural tranquility of Canggu is just 25 minutes drive to the north.
- Umalas and Kerobokan lie just to the north.
- The temple of Tanah Lot, famed for its sunsets, is 40 minutes away by car.
- To the further south lie Jimbaran - famous for its luxury hotels and beach front dinners - also the Uluwatu area boasts top beaches and cultural destinations such as Uluwatu temple.
- To the east and the other side of the island one will find Sanur - one of Bali's oldest tourist destinations and featuring a mix of tourist attractions.