Kaanapali is a small town on the Island of Maui in Hawaii. It's located on Maui's Western shore, close to Lahaina, and is one of Maui's main tourist destinations.
 Get in
Kaanapali is about 15 minutes away by car from Lahaina and about an hour drive from Kahului Airport, the main airport on the island, where the vast majority of travelers arrive.
There is also a small West Maui Airport about 15 minutes away, used by local airlines. You may arrive there from Honolulu.
 Get around
You need to rent a car on Maui, unless you expect to stay in your hotel for the entire stay (not the best way to spend time there) and take tours to all the sights (can get expensive and does not provide enough freedom). Cars can be rented in Kahului Airport (all major rental companies have offices there) or in other locations throughout the island.
Most hotels usually provide parking for their guests only, sometimes for an additional fee. Parking is available at the Whaler's Village shopping center, for a fee, but they will validate your ticket in stores and restaurants. If you go to one of the hotels for a luau, there is usually parking for the event, also for a fee in most cases.
There is a shuttle between main Kaanapali hotels and Whaler's Village center. Don't count on it as your primary method of transportation though.
You can take a Sugar Cane Train between Kaanapali and Lahaina, but this should be done for entertainment only.
Finally, you can use a beautiful path along the beach to walk between major hotels.
- Leilani's One of several restaurants in the Whalers Village shopping center in the middle of the Kaanapali Beach resort area. Casual downstairs with short menu for lunch or dinner. Fine dining upstairs with longer menu for dinner only.
- Hula Grill The best restaurant in Whalers Village shopping center on Kaanapali Beach. Casual section with light menu on sandy floor, fine dining section on real floor with same menu for lunch but more elaborate menu including fresh fish entrees for dinner.
- Giovani's Tomato Pie Family Italian restaurant at the entrance to Kaanapali Resort area, just off the main Honoapiilani Highway. Specializing in pasta and pizza.
- CJ's Deli and Diner. On Honoapiilani Highway just outside the Kaanapali Beach resort. Inexpensive (for Maui) casual family restaurant where you order at the counter. Breakfast, lunch and early dinner. Box lunches with provided coolers and ice to take along for a picnic as you drive around Maui.
- Westin Maui Resort, . Spa.
- Sheraton Maui, . North end of Kaanapali Beach near Black Rock, where excellent snorkeling can be found
- The Whaler Maui, . Just south of the Sheraton Maui (Black Rock)
- Outrigger Maui Eldorado, . West Maui condominiums.
- Outrigger Royal Kahana, . Beachfront condominiums.
- Hale Maui Apartment Hotel, . 5 min north of Kaanapali and steps to the beach. Apartments with kitchen.
- Marriott's Maui Ocean Club, 100 Nohea Kai Dr, +1 808-845-5279 ("Toll Free: 1-800-845-5279"),. Spacious one and two-bedroom suites with separate living/dining area.
- Marriott's Maui Ocean Club Lahaina and Napili Villas, 100 Nohea Kai Dr, +1 808-667-1200 ("Toll Free: 1-800-845-5279"), Spacious villa accommodations.
 Get out